- It is default risk-free investment since it is issued by the sovereign government. Hence, they are called gilt-edged securities meaning that they are covered by gold.
- You can get a reasonable rate of interest since the yield rates are determined in the market.
- Since Treasury bills and Treasury bonds are tradable in the secondary market, you can obtain instant liquidity by selling them in the secondary market at any time.
- All receipts of maturity proceeds, coupons and capital gains are fully repatriable.
- You could also have a joint investment with some other person or persons which maximizes the investment options for you.
- Your investments are held at the securities registry maintained by the CBSL on behalf of GOSL, which is a state-of-the-art electronic database, the Central Depository System (CDS) and facilitated with a fully automated Scripless Security Settlement System for settlement of securities. The investors are provided with maximum possible protection for their investments.
Learn more at https://cal.lk/treasuries/
Invest in treasury Bills and Bonds online at https://portal.cal.lk/landing/signup